Sunday, July 13, 2008




This weekend was awesome. Went to Buzios which is about a 2 and a half hour car ride from Rio. We got a late start leaving on Friday so we hit traffic in the Rio to Niteroi drive and driving to Buzios took 5 hours.


Friday evening Cau and I went to a bar called Zapata which was kind of a hole in the wall but definitely fun. Buzios is definitely a tourist destination because I was able to talk a lot of english with people in the bar. I had an extremely humorous telephone conversation that night as well.

Saturday I slept in really late and then went to the downtown area to shop for some souvenirs. I was a little bummed that we didn't make it to the windsurfing competition but it would have been a 2 hour round trip to watch maybe an hour's worth of competition.


Saturday night the housekeepers made a really great dinner of fish and some other things that I'm not to sure of. I thought it better not to ask and just go ahead and eat it. I also included a picture of Benjamin, who is the new son of Diana who was at the house this weekend as well. He's a cute kid.


Saturday night Cau and I went to a nightclub called Privilege. It was fun but expensive and it was pretty much all foreigners. Met a couple of Germans, French, Canadians, and Americans. Nightclubs are expensive in Brazil. Privilege was the cheaper of the two and it cost 60 reais to get into which is roughly 40 bucks. The other club we might have gone to was 150 reais. Rip-off.


This morning we got up early enough to go to Geribá beach which is the most famous beach in Buzios. It was extremely beautiful but I wanted to enjoy it and go into the ocean so I left my camera at home.
After a good lunch we packed up and drove back to Rio. Nothing of note on the drive back except Fernando drives like a mad-man. Averaged around 160 km/hour which is almost 100 mph. As soon as we got back I started another adventure which I'll write about next.

No comments: