Thursday, July 3, 2008


Filipe, Cau, and Lucas took me to play futbol with some of their friends. I told them in broken portuguese that I was terrible at futbol but they said don't worry because they are all very bad too. When a Brazilian tells you they are bad at futbol, take the best player you know and he/or she probably isn't as good as the Brazilian. I got my ass kicked.


I made up for my lack of finesse with hustle, but still got laughed at as the gringo with terrible footwork. We had one shot at winning a game when we tied and then went to penalty kicks. Everyone scored and then I missed on my penalty kick. Luckily, Fernando missed for the other team so I was saved and hoped that we would win/lose before we got back around to me. But I had to go again and missed again (a kid from the other team insisted on giving me high fives for this) and Fernando made it. In total, we lost 4 games.


We're going to a nightclub tomorrow night so that should be a hilarious experience. Tomorrow during the day is going to be another attempt at getting to surf.

No comments: