Sunday, July 6, 2008


Last night was another great time going out. I first went to a party at Thiago's neighbor's house and they all spoke great English. The party was actually a welcome back party for Bernardo who was studying at UCLA for 4 months, the number of times he used the word "dude" was great.


Cau and Filipe picked me up from the house and we went to another nightclub, Ilhau (I think?). They explained that this place was not as upscale so there were more of a variety of people there, which would be a good experience. We took the bus to Ilhau because there is a new law in Brazil that was just passed on Tuesday that if you get caught driving with even a BAC of .01 then you lose your license for a year. Cau and Filipe believe the law will be repealed because you can eat two liqour candies and be considered illegal.


I really enjoyed the live music. Even though a lot of American music is played in Brazil, the country is still able to retain a very strong musical identity. The band played a variety of music last night but I especially like Samba and Bossa Nova.




It's a beautiful day out but unfortunately I've wasted most of it sleeping, but one lazy Sunday is never a terrible thing. Also, getting home from Lapa at 6 a.m. Saturday morning and 5 a.m. this morning has worn me out. I'll make it out to the beach though because there will be a ton of kitesurfers out this afternoon.

1 comment:

Agustín said...

As imagens são muito belas. Saudações!