Thursday, July 10, 2008

Interesting day. I didn't get to windsurf today because there was little to no wind. But oh well. Instead I went with Cau to his University, PUC (an acronym, the full name escapes me). Took a bus there and back, which is always a fun experience just because of the people I see on the bus. Also the bus went on a highway that passed Rocinha so I got to see that from a distance.

The university itself is interesting. It is nothing like Miami, thats for sure. It is mostly on maybe 2 acres of land and a bunch of vertical buildings. The library is a lot smaller then at Miami and I feel like there is no student culture almost since people live at home, go to school, then come back home afterwards. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm glad that I go to school in the U.S. though, thats for sure. Also, I was dumb and forgot to bring my camera to take pictures.

Tomorrow I'm hopefully going to get some windsurf time in the morning if the wind allows it then I'll be leaving for Buzio in the afternoon for 3 days which should be a blast.

No comments: